Information for Overseas Travelers
Coming to New England from outside the United States? Read information on how to get around, accommodation options, and U.S. travel tips.
Discover New England markets specifically to the United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan and German-speaking countries:
- Travelers from the UK and Ireland: find specific contact information for tour operators, car rentals, and airlines with direct flights. Be sure to download the Discover New England Travel Guide written specifically for UK-Irish travelers (but useful for other English-speaking travelers, too!).
- German-speaking travelers: download the Entdecke Neuengland Travel Guide or request information from the DNE office in Germany. A new German-language Discover New England website is underway.
- Travelers from Japan: download the New England Travel Guide Japanese Edition -- 下記の表紙をクリックし、ディスカバー・ニューイングランドのトラベルガイド２０１４年日本語版をダウンロードして下さい。
Coming from other countries? Feel free to contact us with your travel questions.
Learn More on the Following Pages:
- ESTA & VISA Information: Be sure to prepare for this critical requirement.
- Flights to New England: Information on direct flights from the UK-Ireland and all airlines servicing New England domestically and abroad.
- Getting Around: Information on car rental agencies, buses, trains, ferries and more to navigate the region.
- Driving in New England: Learn about mobile phone and traffic laws, and the major routes of New England.
- Major Holidays/Weekends: Help plan your trip with knowledge of these significant dates which may be busier than other weekends.
- USA Travel Tips: Advice on bank machines, taxes, and tipping.