Information for Overseas Travelers
Coming to New England from outside the United States? Read information on how to get around, accommodation options, and US travel tips.
Discover New England markets specifically to the United Kingdom, Ireland, and German-speaking countries:
- Travelers from the UK and Ireland: find specific contact information for tour operators, car rentals, and airlines with direct flights. Be sure to download the Discover New England Travel Guide written specifically for UK-Irish travelers (but useful for other English-speaking travelers, too!).
- German-speaking travelers: download the Entdecke Neuengland Travel Guide or request information from the DNE office in Germany. A new German-language Discover New England website is underway.
Coming from other countries? Feel free to contact us with your travel questions.
- ESTA & VISA Information: Be sure to prepare for this critical requirement.
- Flights to New England: Information on direct flights from the UK-Ireland and all airlines servicing New England domestically and abroad.
- Find a Tour Operator: UK & Ireland-based tour operators specializing in New England.
- Getting Around: Information on car rental agencies, buses, trains, ferries and more to navigation the region.
- Driving in New England: Learn about mobile phone and traffic laws, and the major routes of New England.
- Major Holidays/Weekends: Help plan your trip with knowledge of these significant dates which may be busier than other weekends.
- USA Travel Tips: Advice on bank machines, taxes, and tipping.