Discover New England
Representing the New England Region
Discover New England, founded in 1992, is a nonprofit cooperative destination marketing organization that promotes New England tourism internationally. In partnership with the state tourism offices of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont, Discover New England enables New England’s travel and tourism industry to reach the global market and attract more international visitors. It works directly with travel trade professionals to promote the New England tourism product while providing regional suppliers with the tools they need to competitively market themselves internationally. By connecting the industry with the latest research, educational tools and travel trends, it also helps ensure that New England’s tourism offerings remain appealing to international consumers, and travel planners have the resources they need to showcase the best New England has to offer.
The work of Discover New England is focused in the following three areas:
- Raising international consumer, travel trade, and media awareness of New England as a memorable, high-quality, four-season destination;
- Educating the New England hospitality business on how to work with and generate new business from the international market;
- Expanding the New England product offered by international tour operators and U.S. receptives and helping them set up itineraries, market the region, and contract accommodations.
DNE retains travel marketing organizations based in the U.K., Germany and Japan who represent New England to tour operators, travel trade media, consumer media, and consumers themselves. We work closely with these international organizations and the states on a regular basis to promote the New England region.
DNE initiatives include the following:
- The annual Discover New England Tourism Summit and International Marketplace
- Organization of New England Familiarization Trips for tour operators and members of the media
- Travel trade outreach in the UK, Ireland, German-speaking countries, Japan and Australia
- Discover New England website
- Discover New England Travel Guides
- New England Representation at World Travel Market, International Pow Wow and ITB Berlin
- New England representation at consumer travel shows in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Japan and Australia
- Ongoing media outreach and support in the U.K., Ireland, German-speaking countries, Japan, and Australia
- Joint marketing efforts with international tour operators and businesses
- DNE Valued Partner Program
- Unique "Pay to Play" opportunities for New England travel suppliers
- Fulfillment of consumer requests for travel information
For more information or to learn how to get involved with the international market, contact us at 603-766-0606 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lori Harnois, Executive Director, email@example.com
Kathy Scatamacchia, Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org